If you just installed iOS8…
We believe we have fixed the bug causing the crashing issue after installing iOS8. Our developer immediately submitted the fix in a 4.0.3 update to Apple for review. Unfortunately, we don’t have control as to when Apple reviews a new version of an app submitted to them, but it will be available for download in the App Store as soon as possible.
In the meantime, if you have a good backup of your records, or if you have another device running mSecure, we can work-around this issue by reinstalling mSecure on your device. The latest version of the mSecure4 is compatible with iOS 8, and the bug causing mSecure to crash is related to a font issue. As long as you don’t change the default “helvetica” font in mSecure 4.0.2, everything should work normally. You can proceed with the next set of steps as long as you have a good backup of your data.
In order to reinstall mSecure on your iOS device, you can follow these steps:
- Open your iOS device, and find mSecure on your home screen
- Tap and hold on the icon until it starts to wiggle
- Tap on the circle with the X in it in the upper left of the icon
- Confirm that you would like to delete the app
- Next, open the App Store app
- Tap on the Purchased button in the bottom right of your screen ** If you are on an iPhone, you will need to tap on Updates, then tap on Purchased at the top of the Updates screen
- Find mSecure in the list, then tap on the cloud icon to install it on your device
- Find mSecure on your home screen, and open it
- After tapping on the “Start” button at the bottom of the Welcome screens, go ahead and set your password, making sure it is the same password you were using before the reinstall
Now, if you have an email backup, you can follow these steps to restore your records:
- Open mSecure on your iOS device, and make sure the login password matches the password that was used in mSecure when the email backup was created
- Open the “Mail” app from your home screen, and find the email with your backup file attached
- Tap on the attachment, and mSecure will be opened
- Enter you password
- Tap on the red Restore button when prompted
After you have completed these steps, you should see all of your mSecure data on your device, and mSecure should be working normally as long as you only use the default, Helvetica font in the preferences of mSecure. Thank you very much for your time, and please let us know if you have any questions about this process.
If you need any further help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
mSecure for MacOS Password Manager Tutorial Adding a Record
This tutorial will review the simple process of adding a record to mSecure. You can either watch the video on this operation or view the screen shots with written narration of the steps.
This video will take you through the process of adding a new record.
Narrative Tutorial with Screenshots
The following sequence of screen shots and narrative will walk you through the process of adding a record to mSecure Password Manager.
mSecure Password Manager
Type Templates Specification
The following is the list of field types available in mSecure and what they mean:
Text Field: Use this field for normal text data.
Text Field (no auto-correct): This field is similar to “Text Field” but doesn't auto-correct what you type.
URL Field: Use this field for URL's. The URL entered into this field will be underlined and in blue in the detail view. Tapping it will launch Safari with the URL.
Alpha-Numeric Field: !Use this field for fields that require mostly numbers but also might include other types of characters. It uses the standard iPhone keyboard but is switching to the numbers view.
Phone Number Field: "Use this field to enter in phone numbers. Any phone number
entered into a record of this type will show up underlined and in blue. Tapping the phone number will launch the iPhone's phone app with this number. (Not available on iPod touch.)
Email Field: Use this field to enter email addresses. An email address entered in a record of this type will show up underlined and in blue. Tapping the email text will launch the mail program with this email address pre-filled in.
Number Field: Use this field type for fields that only contain numbers. The keyboard used for this field doesn't contain any other symbols.
Username Field: Use this field for entering in usernames. This field is used when you use the “Auto-Copy” username feature of mSecure.
Password Field: Use this field for entering in passwords. This field is used when you use the “Auto-Copy” password feature of mSecure. Fields of this type also have the “Password Generator” icon appear next to it. Tapping on this icon will bring up the Password Generator feature of mSecure.
|Bank Accounts||Description||Account Number||PIN||Name||Branch||Phone No.||Note|
|Calling Cards||Description||Access No.||PIN||Note|
|Clothes Size||Description||Shirt Size||Pant Size||Shoe Size||Dress Size||Note|
|Credit Cards||Description||Card No.||Expiration Date||Name||PIN||Bank||Security Code||Note|
|Email Accounts||Description||Username||Password||POP3 Host||SMTP Host||Note|
|Identity||Description||First Name||Last Name||Nick Name||Company||Title||Address||Address2|
|Identity(cont.)||Home Phone||Office Phone||Mobile Phone||Email2||Skype||Website||City||State||Zip||Note|
|Insurance||Description||Policy No.||Group No.||Insured||Date||Phone No.||Phone No.||Note|
|Passport||Description||Name||Number||Type||Issuing Country||Issuing Authority||Nationality||Expiration||Place of Birth||Note|
|Prescriptions||Description||RX Number||Name||Doctor||Pharmacy||Phone No.||Note|
|Vehicle Info||Description||License No||VIN||Date Purchased||Tire Size||Note|
|Voice Mail||Description||Access No.||PIN||Note|
|Unassigned||Description||Field 1||Field 2||Field 3||Field 4||Field 5||Field 6||Note|
If you run into a problem using mSecure please email us at email@example.com. We are always here to help.
iCloud Sync Requirements:
- mSecure must be purchased from the App Store (for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch devices) or
- mSecure must be purchased from the Mac App Store (for Mac computers).
- iCloud must be enabled on all devices for the mSecure app.
Can I use iCloud to sync with mSecure for Mac purchased from the mSeven Software website?
Sorry, only mSecure for Mac purchased from the Mac App is provisioned by Apple for iCloud services. Versions of mSecure purchased from the mSevenSoftware web site are not provisioned to access iCloud files and therefore it cannot access iCloud. If you want to use iCloud syncing, you will need to repurchase mSecure from the Mac App Store.
Can I use iCloud to sync with Windows or Android devices?
Sorry, the iCloud file system is not supported on Windows and Android operating systems.You will need to use Dropbox syncing to connect with Windows and Android devices.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Manually moving from one password manager to another can be huge task if you have a lot of records.
mSecure support personal should be commended for all their patience with people like me who are not computer savvy.
mSecure Windows 8 Touch and Windows Phone
Only $9.99! for Windows 8 Touch
Only $4.99! for Windows Phone
Click here for mSecure for Windows 7 and 8 desktops and laptops.
mSecure for Windows 8 touch keeps your data safe because it uses the ultra-secure 256bit Blowfish encryption to protect personal information such as account numbers, usernames, passwords and more. More than just a password manager, mSecure provides 19 popular personal information templates with the ability to create custom templates to make data entry a snap! mSecure has an premium Windows 8 touch look and feel with features like search, sort and login assist.
- Military grade Encryption to protect your data.
- Your password is never saved anywhere in the software.
- Auto-lock to protect the app from unintentional disclosure.
- Backup to keep data safe.
- Sensitive fields are optionally masked from prying eyes.
- Security Everywhere™ cloud architecture not dependent on security of cloud service.
- Organize your data into groups, mark favorite records, sort by name or by type.
- Integrated search to locate records quickly.
- Nineteen standard templates for fast data entry, create custom templates with UNLIMITED fields.
- Support for 3 new type templates; Identity, Social Security and Passport.
- Over 270 icons to personalize your records
- Uses Dropbox to sync data over standard Internet connection, no firewall setup required (must setup Free Dropbox account, install of Dropbox is not required).
- Import data from competitor products directly or via spreadsheet.
- Sync multiple devices with multiple desktops.
- Windows 8 Tiled UI / Touch (RT, 32bit and 64bit)