If you just installed iOS8…
We believe we have fixed the bug causing the crashing issue after installing iOS8. Our developer immediately submitted the fix in a 4.0.3 update to Apple for review. Unfortunately, we don’t have control as to when Apple reviews a new version of an app submitted to them, but it will be available for download in the App Store as soon as possible.
In the meantime, if you have a good backup of your records, or if you have another device running mSecure, we can work-around this issue by reinstalling mSecure on your device. The latest version of the mSecure4 is compatible with iOS 8, and the bug causing mSecure to crash is related to a font issue. As long as you don’t change the default “helvetica” font in mSecure 4.0.2, everything should work normally. You can proceed with the next set of steps as long as you have a good backup of your data.
In order to reinstall mSecure on your iOS device, you can follow these steps:
- Open your iOS device, and find mSecure on your home screen
- Tap and hold on the icon until it starts to wiggle
- Tap on the circle with the X in it in the upper left of the icon
- Confirm that you would like to delete the app
- Next, open the App Store app
- Tap on the Purchased button in the bottom right of your screen ** If you are on an iPhone, you will need to tap on Updates, then tap on Purchased at the top of the Updates screen
- Find mSecure in the list, then tap on the cloud icon to install it on your device
- Find mSecure on your home screen, and open it
- After tapping on the “Start” button at the bottom of the Welcome screens, go ahead and set your password, making sure it is the same password you were using before the reinstall
Now, if you have an email backup, you can follow these steps to restore your records:
- Open mSecure on your iOS device, and make sure the login password matches the password that was used in mSecure when the email backup was created
- Open the “Mail” app from your home screen, and find the email with your backup file attached
- Tap on the attachment, and mSecure will be opened
- Enter you password
- Tap on the red Restore button when prompted
After you have completed these steps, you should see all of your mSecure data on your device, and mSecure should be working normally as long as you only use the default, Helvetica font in the preferences of mSecure. Thank you very much for your time, and please let us know if you have any questions about this process.
If you need any further help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.